Friday, December 21, 2007

The first real day

has been fairly good, although it did not start out well. Morning wood. Man oh man, morning wood. Ow. Ow ow ow.

This soon after the op, if I start to get excited, it pulls against the stitches and hurts. When I wake up, everything wakes up, even if just for a minute. So, coming out of sleep this morning, it really hurt. The one thing you can't do while getting morning wood is control it, get it to calm down, but that didn't stop me from trying. While still waking up and not really being aware. Not fun.

I was instructed to put Bactroban on the stitches and wrap it in gauze three times a day. I'm doing that, and using Wecesin powder, this brilliant stuff we found which we used on Mira's cord, and then subsequently on other wounds. It works really well to help any open wound heal. This isn't too bad - as long as I'm careful, touching the area doesn't hurt.

The stitches themselves look weird. I have this row of neat little knots done in black thread all the way round my shaft, just under the head. They're easiest to see on the underside. There are a few bruised areas on my penis, which are almost black in colour.

I bled a bit today. My pants caught my crotch a few times, so that's probably why.

Feeling very tired now, going to sleep.

No comments: